Greetings E.P.I.C! Faculty,
Please provide information on student attendance so that we may have an accurate accounting of the students who are actually attending classes for the spring 2017 semester. Students must have attended at least one (1) face-to-face class or completed at least one (1) online assignment by Friday, January 27, 2017 to be allowed to remain enrolled in a course. You are to report students who have never reported to class by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 27, 2017.
NR Reports (for final student enrollment status) – due Friday, January 27, 2017
· The system will open Thursday, January 26 at 8:00 a.m. and close Friday, January 27 at 5:00 p.m.
· Students reported as NR (i.e., 99) will be dropped from the class roster by January 31, 2017.
- For online courses, in order to consider students as attending, there must be student participation in some activity, such as a pre-test, course syllabus quiz, an ice-breaker assignment, or other activity. A student simply logging in is not to be considered as attending.
- Students should be reported as having NEVER REPORTED/ATTENDED (i.e., days absent code “99”) only if they have never attended your class since Wednesday, January 11 (1st day of spring 2017 classes).
- Please use extreme caution when completing these reports. The reports you submit assist us in verifying a student’s enrollment status, which impacts their financial aid.
- Please remember there have been some problems with students enrolled in your classes appearing on the Moodle list. Remember to compare your lists from Bearsnet with your Moodle list for discrepancies and to report them online at http://bit.ly/CourseIssue
NR Reporting Procedures
- Go to the Bears Portal at https://bearsnet.shawu.edu/ics and enter your University-issued User ID and PIN in the spaces provided.
- Click on the “Faculty” tab (located just below the Shaw University banner).
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on the link for “Faculty Home.”
Further instructions are attached.