Shaw students can access Microsoft Office 365 apps online and download/install Office 2016 on their own computers for free.
To get started, please
- Go to https://portal.office.com/start?sku=student
- Type in your Shaw email address, and click "Sign Up."
- Click "Sign In," and enter your Shaw email address and password on the next screen.
This gives you access to all of the online Office 365 apps. These are accessible on any computer with Internet access at portal.office.com using your Shaw email address and password.
Want to know more about the Office 365 apps?
Click the Thinglink below, and click to learn more about each one.
Want the free mobile Office 365 apps for your smartphone or tablet? Click below to find out how:
To download/install Office 2016 on your personal computer, please
- Go to portal.office.com and sign in, using your Shaw email address and password.
- In the right-hand corner of the screen, click "Install Office 2016." This will download a file to your computer.
- When the download has finished, open the file, and follow the instructions given.
- For a PC install: Depending on your browser, click Run, Setup, or Save to begin the installation.
- For a Mac install: Open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg.